Special B-day card!!!

Hello everyone!  Hope you had a great crafting day!!!!  I'm here to share with you a special card that I made for a special boy!!!  I saw this on FB:
I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities, social skills are not easy for him, and he often acts out in school, and the other kids don't like him. So when I asked him if he wanted a party for his birthday, he said there wasn't a point because he has no friends. He eats lunch alone in the office everyday because no one will let him sit with them, and rather than force someone to be unhappy with his presence, he sits alone in the office. So I thought, if I could create a page where people could send him positive thoughts and encouraging words, that would be better than any birthday party. Please join me in making my very original son feel special on his day.

It totally got to me because I have 4 kids and I know that it's hard for kids at school. They have people make fun of them or make hurtful comments because they are different.   My kids have come home crying many times because their schoolmates were mean to them.... so I can only imagine what this poor mom felt like when her son mentioned that he didn't want to have a b-day celebration... my heart totally broke for her!!!  I ended up having tears... and I figured I could do something to help out!  The 1st thing is I made a card to send to him and the second is that I'm sharing it here to encourage you to collaborate as well!!!  I know the crafting community is such a giving one!!!  So I know we can make a difference.  I will also be sharing this on my FB.

So here's my card for little Colin:
For this special card I used an image from Sassy Cheryl's called Bentley's Balloon lift.  I used my large deckled rectangle from Spellbinder.  I added some Candi from my stash as well as some stickers from Ek Success.  The paper is from Lime Twist - Out of the blue - MME.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with some copics.  The great sentiment is from Create with TLC

To make this card I used the following sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Crafts 4 eternity - Sketch
  2. Send a smile 4 kids challenge - Die cuts and/or punches
  3. Catered crop - Good birthdays
  4. Everybody-art-challenge - Party time
That's it for me!!!  Hope you will go and check out the FB page for Colin and help make this day special for this little guy!!!


I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Hugs

Comments

  1. Great job with following the sketch. I love doing sketch challenges. Love the bright colors you used as well. Perfect for a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you! Love this card. I saw this sketch and was afraid to give it a try but you certainly rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this message brought tears to my eyes Vicky, consider it done on my end... your card is sure to bring Colin a big smile and hopefully each card he recieves will make him sparkle. Beautiful job my friend and thank you for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll going to do my best to get in on this. Such a worthy endeavour. Thanks for letting us know.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    p.s. I'm sure he'll love the card you created. It is fabulous. So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch
    thank you for playing with us at Craft 4 Eternity this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Vicki. Congrats on your Top 3 from crafts 4 eternity! Amy a. all things beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10