Angel Donita Colored - In honor of Sandy Hook Elementary school

Today I have a few sad card to share with you.  The 1st one I made in Honor of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.




I was devastated on my birthday when I heard about the tragedy.  I'm the mother of 4 kids and I could not imagine something so horrendous!  And when we heard about the courageous acts of the devoted wow.

I have created something with the great digi offered for this occasion from Digital Delight.
For this card I used paper from American Craft - Jolly.  I thought that even if it's such a sad occasion it was young kids and that bright colors would be the right ones for this card.  I used my standard circle and scallop circle from Spellbinder for this card.  I added some pearls and a flower from my stash and I used vintage photo distress ink on the sentiment that was a freebie from Simply Betty for this sad occasion.

Here's the look of the precolored digi.

And the sentiment that's so perfect for this

I followed this sketch:


I'm entering this card in the following challenge:

  1. Sunday sketch and stamp - Sketch
  2. Aud sentiments challenge - Use any sentiment
  3. Delightful sketches - Anything goes
I'll be mailing my card out today!  Just writing this post as brought tears to my eyes.  I can't imagine what the families are going through so close to Christmas....  My heart and prayers reach out to you.

Hugs

Vicky
xo

Comments

  1. Hi Vicky, Angel Donita is colored beautifully. I love the embellishments and the sentiment. I know they will appreciate the thought and caring that went into this card. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and touching card for such a tragic event. The sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge, I hope you have a good New Year hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10