The "S" word...

Oh yeah... I'm not ready for it... but yes it's coming... with fall here it's a question of time before we are buried under it... yes I'm talking about "SNOW"!  Don't know about you but I really hate that white stuff ever since I have to shovel it!!!!

But this cute digi really can make the joy of childhood come back to life!

I have won this week (YAY for me so very happy!!!!!) at Guylou's challenge.  I just had to use one for this week's challenge... ok... I have to be honest... I chose one just to be able to participate lol :D

This week the challenge is about the Weather.  So I figured snow would be a good one.
To make this card I used paper from My mind's eye - Be merry.  The card stock is from Recollection.  I used also a new technique... I always wanted to add some snow and I discovered a product called Flower Soft when I went to my local scrapbook store (Scrapbook central).  It is soooooo much fun... it really looks like snow without being wet and making a mess and melting all over the place.  

I've colored the wonderful digi with my copics, you can see the texture of the false snow:

And I used a wonderful sentiment Create with TLC.
I had so much fun doing this card!  I followed this wonderful sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Crafty sentiments - sketch
  2. Guylous inimitability - Weather
  3. Inky impressions challenges - for a child
  4. Jingle belles rock - Dashing through the snow
Hope you have liked this little card!  I'm really happy because I'm getting some of my Christmas cards done!!!!  I've never done so many ahead of time!!!!  Thanks to all my fabulous DT work and wonderful challenges!  I will be back with one more card for you :D  My secret.... see you soon

Hugs

Vicky
xo




Comments

  1. Wow!! You have been busy.. I LOVE THIS!!!! I LOVE that image and the flower soft you used.. now I need some white!! LOL I Love it!! And the S is for snow.. Wow.. this is magnificent Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little snow angel ... so glad you dashed through the snow with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute take on the sketch! Love the image, the colors, and papers! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab image… feel like it could show now!!! Wonderful take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon! Hugs Katrina DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, just love that image, so cute :D Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet and adorable Christmas Card. I need to get busy on some. Wonderful job my friend. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky!!
    Wow!! The snow looks fabulous!! I will have to get me some of that stuff!! :)
    Thanks for joining us again at Guylou's! Your card is beautiful!! Thanks for using one of my images too!! You got two entries in the pot!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet and adorable holiday card! such a great pairing of papers and stamp! thanks for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps: i am soooooooo not ready for REAL snow, either; i'm hoping for another MILD winter here in the north east!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week,

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! That Flower Soft really looks like snow! Thanks for playing (again) at Guylou's Inimitability!

    *And thanks for the details on that paper. Someone sent me some of that as blog candy, and I had no idea what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a super fun card honey - Thanks for playing at Inky impressions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable, Vicky! We don't get much snow in Georgia, so I love snow cards! So glad you entered it at Guylou's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card, Vicky! As Rox said, we don't get much snow, but we often times ge ICE!! So hard to make a snow angel in Ice! :D Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card, Vicky! Great image for the challenge and terrific coloring and design! Thanks for joining in again for the challenge at Guylou's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway