New heat embossing technique

This afternoon as it was raining here I went to play in my craft room :D  Yesterday I was off... so I did all the chores and household stuff and got to really play today!  I've made 4 cards so far.  2 for futur DT work and 2 that I have shown you.  This is the 2nd post of today!!!!  Pretty good no?!?

So while I was doing my commenting for the Dutch Dare Challenge (by the way there's still time to join up!!!) I came across this wonderful post : Shell shearer.  She had made a totally awesome card!  And she gave the link to the site where she learned it : Mynnettes technique tuesday.  You should go and check it out... after you have checked out my card of course :D

I just had a wonderful digi to use from Create with TLC called Daisies Vintage Digitized, it's part of this set.

I used to make this some paper from Little yellow bicycle - count your blessing.  I cut out the corner with my CM corner punch.  I added some Robin's Nest Dew Drops.  The technique was a bit messy but lots of fun to do.  I used Walnut and Vintage photo distress inks to brown this.

I colored this digi with my copics.  Doesn't  it look good?!?  Really happy with the results.


And here's the look of the sentiment:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Mynnettes technique tuesday - try out that technique
  2. Craft your passion challenges - Floral Images
  3. Tuesday alchemy - Anything goes
  4. Cas-ual Fridays - Embossing wet or dry (used the wet with this technique)
So that's it for me :D  I'll be preparing my blog posts tonight.  Hope you have liked my card and will be inspired as well to try this out!

Hugs

Vicky
xo




Comments

  1. Not only does this look GOOD, it looks AMAZING!!! This is the perfect background for the beautiful sunflower image you've used! WOW!!! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Technique Tuesday--we appreciate your participation and can't wait to see you again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, you have been a busy gal, huh? :^) This is such a pretty card again! Love the background for your image; and the image is really cool! (Paulette designs great stuff, huh?) Love the sentiment with your image! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vicky, this is so beautiful. I love the soft colours you've used on your background it gives it a real vintage air. Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday and I really hope we see you again next month hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and that is an awesome background! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that background you created. It looks fabulous! Your coloring is awesome as always. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, great job using that faux leather technique, Vicky! I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 70's vibe! Thank you for joining Craft Your Passion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy!
    Hugs Katya x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! Such a beautiful job with your Copics! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your digi stamp caught my eye. Love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love your coloring! The flowers are so rich! The background look fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty! That technique is great! So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty, Vicky. That sunflowers hold its own against the gorgeous background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vickey, your card turned out just awesome! And I love that digi; its gorgeous. Fabulous job on our technique this month. I had a blast with it also :). Thanks for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month! I hope to see you for the next challenge too.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway