Dutch Dare Challenge # 182 - Sugar and Spice

Today at Dutch dare card challenges our challenge is Sugar and Spice (for the girls).  Our wonderful sponsor is


For my card I used the oooooh so cute Cocoa Christmas Fairy.  I thought this was perfect for the theme :D  And would allow me to have one more Christmas card done.  I didn't  go with the typical girly colors.

I kept this card pretty CAS.  I just love that image so much that I didn't  want to overpower it.  I used paper from My mind's eye - Holly Jolly.  I used my scallop and standard cicle dies from Spellbinder to cut the digi and the paper underneath it as well as for the sentiment.

I used some distress ink Forest Moss on the edge of the sentiment and the image.  The ribbon comes from the dollar store. I was super excited to see crinkled ribbon there!!!  Let me tell you that I grabbed quite a few lol :D  I don't know if you are like me... but I get pretty big bills at dollar store lol but if you don't grab it while it's there you aren't sure that it will be again so better not take the chance at that price... 

The image was colored with my copics.  I added liquid pearl on the edge of the coat and hat to give the feeling of the fur.  The little wings are done with stickles as are the berries on the holly.

I added a little festive sentiment from Create with tlc.  It was perfect for this image!

I really hope you have liked my card and will be joining us this week at Dutch dare card challenges !  Don't forget that you can only enter 8 challenges including ours... it's so sad when I have to write this in the commenting...

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
  1. Love to create challenge- show us your ribbon or twine (2nd entry)
  2. LEJ designs challenge blog - Winter wishes
  3. Flutter by wednesdays - Use your favorite colors (I have to admit loooooving Christmas so the red and green is a combo that I really love).
  4. Crafty cardmakers - Winged things
  5. Going-grey-with-scrap-creations - Pick 3 (Ribbon, Die Cut, Glitter)
  6. Ladybugs crafts ink - Christmas
Don't  forget to leave me some love on your way out :D  I really love reading the wonderful comments.  Have a Fabulous Thursday everyone!  Getting close to the weekend!!!!

Hugs


Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. A really pretty card Vicky. Lovely coloured image and gorgeous papers.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the image, beautiful colouring, thank you for joining us at LEJ this week, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous card, Vicky! Love the Liquid Pearls and that sentiment is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card,love how you applied the liquid pearls...
    TFS Vicky - enjoy your lovely day~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous Vicky!
    xx Eva Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Vicky, your image is adorable! Love the liquid pearl accent. And you're right: the sentiment is perfect for her. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute Vicky, gorgeous colouring and love the sparkle.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, love the colours and the very rich looking Dp's and such a sweet image.
    Thank you for joing in the LCI photo inspiration challenge.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, cute card, love the touch of glitter. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet and just adorable! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Vicky I love the sweet image combined with the cool dp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is adorable. I love the liquid pearl. I sent you an email about the charms tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Vicky! I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my Blog with such a lovely, much apreciated, comment. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Vicky this is a cutie...I love your coloring and papers. The glimmer is just perfect. Wonderful job...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulicious Vicky! Love the colours and pp you've used. You've coloured the image beautifully and most importantly of all...I LOVE eggnog!!!! Thanks for joining in our Christmas Challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, such lovely colours and your image is perfectly coloured. It was nice to see you at LEJ Designd Winter Wishes challenge this week; good luck. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway